Panopreter is a text to speech and text to audio software with the following features:
- Reads characters, words, phrases, or articles aloud, and converts them to audio files in wav and mp3 formats.
- Reads txt files, rft files, pdf files, web pages, and Microsoft Word documents, and converts them to audio files in wav and mp3 formats.
- Reads text copied to the Windows clipboard from any other software window.
- Supports batch file conversion.
- Adjusts audio files' sample rate and bit rate to obtain satisfactory audio quality or audio file size.
- Includes toolbars for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word, which read the text on the web page or Word document, and convert the text to mp3 and wav audio files. The 32-bit toolbar for IE is compatible with IE 8, 9, 10, and 11. The 64-bit toolbar is currently compatible with IE 8 and 9.
- Speaking repetition.
- Highlights the word or sentence being read.
- Allows users to customize interface layout, font, text size, text color, highlight color, and window color.
- Keyboard shortcut keys.
- Allows users to adjust voice speed, volume, and pitch.
- Plays music when it finishes reading the text.
- Supports a wide variety of languages and voices.
- Includes English, Spanish, and Portuguese as user interface languages.